Jadon Sancho is the player many Manchester United fans want to sign to add competition in attack. But who else should arrive with him?
Instead of spending £80 million on Jack Grealish, the player Manchester United should be targeting is Hungarian wonderkid Dominik Szoboszlai.
Szoboszlai has been in outstanding form for Red Bull Salzburg this season and is just 19-years-old. Here is a look at three reasons why United should push for a transfer.
He’s insanely talented
The Austrian league may not be the strongest as United’s demolition of LASK demonstrated, but Dominik Szoboszlai already stands out as a special player.
This season already he has 12 goals to his name and a further 18 assists.
One of these goals and one assist came in the Champions League, vital experience for the teenager.
Szoboszlai plays as a left winger and has already earned eight senior caps for the Hungarian national team, with many more to come.
He provides quality alternative to Rashford
One of the reasons Marcus Rashford’s form late in the season did not reach high levels was because he barely had a rest. United currently lack a viable alternative on the left wing.
Szoboszlai would answer this question immediately, and at just 19, he would not expect to start every game either.
This would be the perfect solution for United as Solskjaer looks to improve the squad depth.
If it helps bring out the best in Rashford too, this would be a ‘win-win’ transfer deal.
Creative game changer United need
United were reluctant to bring players off the bench in games at the end of the season, with Solskjaer displaying a lack of faith in his back-ups.
Szoboszlai would be a game changer who the manager could trust to score a decisive goal or create a chance for a teammate.
He is also a free-kick specialist who would further add to United’s array of options from dead ball situations.
He would be a bargain too. Calciomercato reported AC Milan were pushing for an agreement of around £20 million for Szoboszlai, before a deal fell through when Ralf Rangnick’s agreement to take over as manager was reneged upon.
- Sevilla win means revenge mission is on for Solskjaer and United
- Paul Pogba’s defensive contribution against FC Copenhagen deserves praise
- One very expensive transfer pivot for Manchester United to consider
- Martial’s brilliance has reduced Ighalo to a mere back-up
- United link to Ousmane Dembele was entirely predictable
- Juan Mata may have secured his spot at Manchester United for next season
- What United would gain and lose by pursuing Coman as Sancho alternative
- Manchester United bound Hansen-Aaroen provides first senior assist
- United academy talent Charlie Wellens could have unique under-23 opportunity