Three Manchester United players have been named in the official Europa League team of the week.
Published by UEFA’s website, this followed an intense week of quarter-final action, with United beating FC Copenhagen after extra-time.
Harry Maguire, Anthony Martial and Aaron Wan-Bissaka were all picked out after their strong performances.
2019 signings Maguire and Wan-Bissaka performed strongly as United kept a clean sheet across 120 minutes in a 1-0 win.
Martial won the decisive penalty and caused problems for FC Copenhagen’s defence all night long.
Unsurprisingly, Danish goalkeeper Karl-Jonas Johnsson was included for his heroics for the opposition.
Inter Milan’s Romelu Lukaku was also selected, as was upcoming Sevilla opponent Ever Banega.
Statistical website WhoScored.com had more praise for United’s players’ quarter-final display.
In their team of the week there were five United players out of 11 included, as opposed to three.
Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes were included, with Brandon Williams selected rather than Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
Harry Maguire and Anthony Martial were the only players selected in both.
The individual recognition for United’s players reflects the effort and hard work they put in to beat a disciplined Danish team.
The semi-final on Sunday night against Sevilla will be an even tougher test, but having so many players in good form is a positive sign.
- Manchester United fans react to Eric Bailly’s performance
- Solskjaer picks out three Manchester United players for praise
- Jesse Lingard impresses amid uncertain United future
- Manchester United fans react to Donny van de Beek’s performance
- Manchester United’s players react to win over Luton
- Dean Henderson sends emotional message to Manchester United fans
- Five things we learned as Manchester United beat Luton Town
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v Luton Town
- Watford boss praises James Garner as one of most talented players in England