Manchester United have stepped up preparations for the first Premier League game of the season.
A number of key players have returned to training as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side get serious.
Paul Pogba, Bruno Fernandes and Nemanja Matic were all involved in the session, as was new signing Donny van de Beek.
It was also notable to see 18-year-old defender Teden Mengi involved. He was left out of the under-23 side on Monday night, and has seemingly for now been promoted to the first team.
Mason Greenwood was also in full training with the rest of the team.
Mengi made his debut for United against LASK in August, and performed well at the weekend in a friendly with Aston Villa.
He is an outsider to be selected for opening day, but for now, simply being involved is progress, and a chance could come in the EFL Cup next week.
Manchester United’s first six fixtures of 2020/21
- Crystal Palace (H)
September 19 – 5.30pm
- Brighton and Hove Albion (A)
September 26 – 12.30pm
- Tottenham Hotspur (H)
October 3 – 3pm
- Newcastle United (A)
October 17 – 3pm
- Chelsea (H)
October 24 – 3pm
- Arsenal (H)
October 31 – 3pm
- Six things learned as Manchester United lose to Crystal Palace
- Confirmed Manchester United line up v Crystal Palace
- Teden Mengi could have early season chance to impress for Manchester United
- How Donny van de Beek can use Manchester United fan frustration as motivation
- Four reasons for Manchester United to be optimistic
- Solskjaer tips Eric Bailly for big role in 2020/21
- Roma manager Paulo Fonseca offers update on Chris Smalling’s situation
- Manchester United wrong to blame supporters for negativity
- Max Taylor will be hoping for third time lucky as he looks for a loan club