Manchester United have stepped up preparations for the first Premier League game of the season.
A number of key players have returned to training as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side get serious.
Paul Pogba, Bruno Fernandes and Nemanja Matic were all involved in the session, as was new signing Donny van de Beek.
It was also notable to see 18-year-old defender Teden Mengi involved. He was left out of the under-23 side on Monday night, and has seemingly for now been promoted to the first team.
Mason Greenwood was also in full training with the rest of the team.
Mengi made his debut for United against LASK in August, and performed well at the weekend in a friendly with Aston Villa.
He is an outsider to be selected for opening day, but for now, simply being involved is progress, and a chance could come in the EFL Cup next week.
Manchester United fixtures after the international break
- Newcastle United (A)
October 17 – 3pm
- PSG (A)
October 20 – 8pm
- Chelsea (H)
October 24 – 5.30pm
- RB Leipzig (H)
October 28 – 8pm
- Arsenal (H)
November 1 – 6.30pm
- Istanbul Basaksehir (A)
November 4- 5.55pm
- Everton (A)
November 7 – 3pm
- Luke Shaw is the strongest player in the England squad, says Three Lions teammate
- Paul Pogba blames the heat for France’s disappointing Euro 2020 performance against Hungary
- Academy talent Johan Guadagno doing extra training in off-season
- Dan James helps Wales reach last 16 at Euro 2020
- PSG pushing to beat Manchester United in Varane race
- United’s latest bid for Sancho verified but not approved
- McTominay better than Rice says ex United star
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Moving forward?
- Dean Henderson now has perfect chance to reinforce his Manchester United position