Tahith Chong shows off new look
Tahith Chong is hoping for a big 2021 out on loan at Werder Bremen.
The Dutch winger has begun the year with a new look, which he has shared on Instagram.
Chong’s message was captioned ‘something new’ as he posted an image for his 623,000 followers to see.
Time to kick on
Chong needs a strong second half of the season at Werder Bremen after a promising but inconsistent campaign so far.
After scoring in the German Cup back in September, Chong struggled to replicate this in the Bundesliga and is still looking for his first league goal.
He did manage an assist in Werder’s final Bundesliga match of 2020 to sign off on a high.
It wasn’t enough to earn Chong a start in Werder’s match at the weekend, a 2-0 home defeat to Union Berlin.
He came on for the final 15 minutes although was unable to change the game with his side already two goals down.
Chong will be hoping his new look provides a fresh, positive change of fortunes.
It is important for him to have a successful second half of the season in order to return to United with some momentum.
As it stands, the 21-year-old has not done enough to force his way into the first team conversation at United for next season.
He may need another loan deal in 2021/22, but there is still reason for him to be positive and try and kick on with only 14 of 34 Bundesliga games played so far this season.
Manchester United loan exits 20/21
- Aliou Traore
SM Caen (season)
- Joel Pereira
Huddersfield Town (season)
- Andreas Pereira
- Diogo Dalot
AC Milan (season)
- Di’Shon Bernard
Salford City (until end of season)
- Jake Carney
- Ethan Laird
MK Dons (Jan to end of season)
- Jesse Lingard
West Ham (Jan to end of season)
- James Garner
Nottingham Forest (Jan to end of season)
- Tahith Chong
Club Brugge (Jan to end of season)
- Facundo Pellistri
Alaves (Jan to end of season)
- Teden Mengi
Derby (Jan to end of season)
- Dylan Levitt
NK Istra (Feb to end of season)
- £67.5m star hands in transfer request with Manchester United linked
- Club confirm signing of 'high calibre' young player released by Manchester United
- Opinion: Cristiano Ronaldo frustration is understandable as Murtough continues to strike out
- Reward for failure: MUST criticise 'indefensible' £11m Glazer dividend payment
- 'Graveyard'… Neville says Glazers to blame as Manchester United battle for signing
- Last ditch effort to sign Manchester United midfielder being considered, 51 games played this season
- Ajax star who just quit tips Manchester United transfer target to leave for big fee
- 'New Neymar' is the player Manchester United should be signing this summer
- Picture: De Jong mocked up in Manchester United kit by Spanish press as Red Devils' deal deadline suggested
- 'Ten Hag will get his man': Ornstein backs Manchester United to get important double deal done