Tahith Chong is ready to get started at Club Brugge after being unveiled this week.
Chong’s previous loan at Werder Bremen was cut short. According to the German club’s sporting director via their official website, it was at Chong’s request, because he wanted to play more regularly.
The 21-year-old was well aware he has to make this season count, if he is going to make it at United. He had only four league starts for Werder.
Club Brugge have given him some strong backing, handing him the club’s number seven shirt.
Former United colleague Angel Gomes responded: “Youth team days! Chong 7 😍❤️ let’s go bro !!”
Teden Mengi, now on loan at Derby, also wished him well, writing: “It’s go time bro 💪🏽”
James Garner, Ethan Galbraith and Arnau Puigmal were also among his young United teammates to comment and wish him good luck.
Chong is a player who needs his manager and supporters to believe in him. We saw early last season how nervous and inhibited he looked when given a first team opportunity at United.
When he got some games in the Europa League knockout stages, once his contract situation was sorted out, Chong began to play more freely and even provided a couple of assists.
Brugge are hopeful he can have a successful stint with them. They have a spot available on the wing after Krepin Diatta was sold to Monaco.
Chong needs to be confident and a bit arrogant too with his game. He has talent, more than he showed at Bremen. Will it be enough to make it at United? At the moment he has it all to prove. A successful loan will help his chances.
- Arnau Puigmal announces Manchester United departure
- Could Jadon Sancho end up as Paul Pogba’s replacement?
- Tom Heaton to United would bring his free agent exit full circle after angering Fergie
- Three reasons Manchester United should play Hannibal against Fulham
- Every trophy won by Manchester United
- Manchester United fans are the best, says Solskjaer, as he hopes for lift from crowd return
- Solskjaer says Martial and James not ready to start v Fulham
- Villarreal striker Moreno scores 29th goal of the season ahead of United clash
- Manchester United target Sven Botman produces man of the match performance for Lille