Tahith Chong is ready to get started at Club Brugge after being unveiled this week.
Chong’s previous loan at Werder Bremen was cut short. According to the German club’s sporting director via their official website, it was at Chong’s request, because he wanted to play more regularly.
The 21-year-old was well aware he has to make this season count, if he is going to make it at United. He had only four league starts for Werder.
Club Brugge have given him some strong backing, handing him the club’s number seven shirt.
Former United colleague Angel Gomes responded: “Youth team days! Chong 7 😍❤️ let’s go bro !!”
Teden Mengi, now on loan at Derby, also wished him well, writing: “It’s go time bro 💪🏽”
James Garner, Ethan Galbraith and Arnau Puigmal were also among his young United teammates to comment and wish him good luck.
Chong is a player who needs his manager and supporters to believe in him. We saw early last season how nervous and inhibited he looked when given a first team opportunity at United.
When he got some games in the Europa League knockout stages, once his contract situation was sorted out, Chong began to play more freely and even provided a couple of assists.
Brugge are hopeful he can have a successful stint with them. They have a spot available on the wing after Krepin Diatta was sold to Monaco.
Chong needs to be confident and a bit arrogant too with his game. He has talent, more than he showed at Bremen. Will it be enough to make it at United? At the moment he has it all to prove. A successful loan will help his chances.
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s
- What channel is the Man Utd vs West Ham EFL Cup match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Solskjaer says Rashford could return after international break
- Bruno Fernandes’ creative numbers compare well with Paul Pogba despite assist gap