Paul Pogba sat out Manchester United’s 1-0 win over West Brom on Saturday due to injury.
He enjoyed a strong international break but was not able to take that momentum into the match against the Baggies.
Next up for United are Istanbul Basaksehir , who inflicted a 2-1 defeat in Turkey earlier this month.
Speaking to the club’s official website before the game, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer offered an injury update on the Frenchman.
I hope Paul is going to be available,” said Solskjaer.
“He trained this morning.
It’s still uncomfortable and [there’s] some pain, so we’ll make a decision on that in the morning [on Tuesday].“
Pogba didn’t start that loss in Turkey, but came on for Donny van de Beek just after the hour mark.
Istanbul will likely sit deep on Tuesday at Old Trafford and Pogba does have the guile to split open defences who do exactly that.
Even before he picked up this knock, it felt as if Pogba hadn’t hit full fitness yet this season.
He got coronavirus before the campaign kicked off and looked short physically in the opening weeks.
The time with France seemed to get him closer to where he needed to be an the injury setback has just stemmed his progress slightly.
Solskjaer will hope to have him available on a night where United can get within touching distance of qualification for the knockout round with a win.
- Odion Ighalo says goodbye to Manchester United
- Harry Maguire backs Axel Tuanzebe to have an ‘unbelievable career’
- Solskjaer’s five biggest wins as Manchester United manager
- Solskjaer praises Cavani and Greenwood, expects them to shine in coming months
- After seven tough years, this is a Manchester United moment to savour
- Charlie McNeill is giving United fans more reason to be optimistic about the future
- Waiting on Jadon Sancho may turn out to be Manchester United masterstroke
- Is Declan Rice the right player for Manchester United?
- Three ways Manchester United can replace Rashford against Sheffield United