Solskjaer pleased with Amad's development despite injury
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has conducted his pre-match press conference ahead of Manchester United’s Champions League clash with Atalanta.
United did transfer business with the Italian outfit over Amad on deadline day 2020 and loaned the wideman back until January.
That meant he was asked about the Ivorian wonderkid and whether he will leave on loan in January, at the briefing, which was streamed at 1.30pm on the club’s official website.
Solskjaer said he is pleased with Amad’s development, despite the injury which stopped him going out on loan in the summer.
“Amad trained his first session (after injury) with the team on Friday before Leicester and he is still continuing that rehab; getting more and more training sessions with the full team,” said Solskjaer.
“He’ll probably play for the Under-23s very soon when he’s ready for that.
“His development has been exactly what we want from him; coming here, learning the language, the way we play. He’s strong, he can take the ball.
“We have to make a decision before Christmas what he’s going to do; if he’s going to play enough here – which is possible – or go somewhere else and come back in the summer. That’s a decision for nearer the time.”
Amad will not be fit enough even for the bench against his former club as the wait for his first appearance of the season goes on.
United have a host of attacking options now, and he would undoubtedly get more first team opportunities elsewhere.
Amad was all set for a loan move to Feyenoord before injury struck and there are apparently plenty of clubs interested in loaning him mid-season.
The temporary move would need to suit all parties and it is clear a decision will not be forthcoming for a couple of months yet.
- Deal close: Manchester United hope to finalise £69m De Jong move by end of the week
- 'Watch Love Island instead': Six worst/funniest reviews left by Manchester United fans on Paul Pogba's documentary
- Report: 'Outstanding' 22-year-old talent is now all set to leave Manchester United on loan
- 'Already had contact': Club chiefs admit they have had transfer interest in reported Manchester United target
- £67.5m star hands in transfer request with Manchester United linked