Amad could leave United on loan in January
Wonderkid Amad Diallo was close to leaving Manchester United on loan during the summer.
He was all set to move to Dutch outfit Feyenoord before he was struck by a thigh injury.
Respected journalist Fabrizio Romano has given an update on Amad’s loan prospects in January.
He also has an injury update, indicating that the Ivorian wideman could be ready after the international break.
The injury came at a terrible time for Amad. If he hadn’t got it, the chances are he would be in the Netherlands now, playing regularly.
As it is, he is recovering from an injury setback. That comes on the back of another summer without a pre-season at United.
That preparation is so important for a player at a new club, and even moreso for an inexperienced one moving to a different country.
The good news is he should be available for selection very soon after the international break.
It is tricky to see how he will get too much gametime between now and the winter window.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has an embarrassment of attacking riches at his disposal now.
Feyenoord are seemingly off the table as an option now. They signed Arsenal’s Reiss Nelson on loan from Arsenal once Amad’s deal collapsed.
Amad will just want to be playing football and showing off the talent which led Dan James to call him ‘unbelievable’ back in February.
In the meantime, he has the chance to learn from Cristiano Ronaldo, which is ideal for any young winger.
- Report: 'Outstanding' 22-year-old talent is now all set to leave Manchester United on loan
- 'Already had contact': Club chiefs admit they have had transfer interest in reported Manchester United target
- £67.5m star hands in transfer request with Manchester United linked
- Club confirm signing of 'high calibre' young player released by Manchester United
- Opinion: Cristiano Ronaldo frustration is understandable as Murtough continues to strike out