Shola Shoretire’s new contract was announced by Manchester United this week.
Shoretire’s deal is described by the club as long-term, although no date has been specified for exactly how long it is.
Tying Shoretire down is an important step for United. The teenager turned 17 last week and has been a regular for the under-23s this season.
The youngster sent a message out on Instagram after signing his contract, expressing his delight at committing his future to his ‘boyhood club’.
Shoretire scored a hat-trick for United’s under-23 side at the weekend in a 6-4 win over Blackburn. He became the youngest player in England to do so at under-23 level this season.
The teenager has five goals and three assists this season and has clearly impressed the coaching staff.
Under-23 coach Neil Wood was quoted by Goal: “With Shola what impresses me the most is that he’s a very good technical player, and Shola has always played up a year throughout his whole academy life, I can’t remember him every playing in his own age group.
“He’s always been stretched, I think he’s a very mature lad for his age and the way he plays is very mature. He does a lot of work and takes a lot of positions up and he’s played in a lot of roles, he’s played as a 9, played left, he’s played 10 and on the right.”
Shoretire trained with United’s first team this week and also did at the end of December.
This may just be a reward for his new deal and an incentive to motivate him further. It is up to Shoretire to show it should be a regular occurrence.
- Mata’s impressed Solskjaer in training: Could he resume van de Beek partnership tonight?
- Manchester United loanee Facundo Pellistri returns to Alaves training after injury
- Solskjaer says United believe Will Fish could be a star
- Three things we want to see in Paul Pogba’s Amazon ‘Pogmentary’
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Granada
- Manchester United fans react to Jude Bellingham’s Champions League performance
- Three key questions as Declan Rice to Manchester United rumours grow stronger
- Brandon Williams will fancy his chances of rare game time for United tonight
- What channel is the Man Utd v Granada Europa League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Manchester United’s TikTok account releases light-hearted Cavani video after Tottenham controversy