Raphael Varane’s departing Real Madrid teammate Sergio Ramos has congratulated the centre-back on his move to Manchester United.
Ramos, who has just himself clinched a move to Paris Saint-Germain, wished Varane all the best at Manchester United.
He also joked that if the two came head to head for their clubs, Varane should let Ramos win because he is playing for a French side.
Ramos wrote: “Dear Rapha, I can only thank you for these years of friendship, companionship and triumphs.
“And wish you luck in a new stage that will surely be exciting. If we face each other, always with the team of your country, right? Take care.”
Ramos and Varane won four Champions League trophies for Real, and also enjoyed domestic success in Spain too. Their departure leaves huge boots to fill at the Bernabeu.
Brazilian star Marcelo also had kind words for Varane, sending a message to him on his move to Old Trafford.
United announced Varane’s move earlier this week. The deal is subject to a medical and announcement which should go through in the coming days.
Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer spoke already about how excited he is about Varane’s arrival, telling the club website that the move, along with Jadon Sancho’s signing, will allow United to play in different ways.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United have doubts over signing Declan Rice