Ronaldo comments on Carrick's exit and welcomes Rangnick to United
Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice against Arsenal last night to ensure Michael Carrick signed off unbeaten as Manchester United caretaker manager.
Ronaldo of course played with Carrick at Old Trafford and paid tribute to his former teammate on Instagram after he announced his shock departure after the game.
Carrick dropped Ronaldo to the bench for Sunday’s clash with Chelsea but there were no signs of any hard feelings with the message he posted.
Ronaldo also welcomed Ralf Rangnick to Manchester United. The interim manager was in the stands to watch Ronaldo’s masterclass against the Gunners.
There has been talk about how Rangnick will go about utilising Ronaldo within his high-tempo philosophy and also the fact that United is the biggest club he has ever managed.
But Ronaldo seems keen to get to work under the German and Rangnick praised the Portuguese superstar in his maiden press conference.
Ronaldo is the ultimate professional and if he buys into what Rangnick is trying to do then it will go some way to the rest of the team following.
He is good enough to score the goals to allow Rangnick to oversee an immediate improvement in the team’s form during a busy festive period.
Rangnick also said at his press conference that he is happy with the attacking firepower at the club and his focus was on getting the balance right to allow United to control games more.
That should help Ronaldo score even more often as United seek to implement a proactive, attacking philosophy.
- Report: Manchester United reach agreement in principle to sign former Manchester City youngster
- Manchester United set to lose race to sign £55m wonderkid according to Romano
- 3 things we learned about Erik ten Hag from Manchester United’s opening game
- 'Leading option'… Manchester United make move for Juventus midfielder as De Jong alternative
- £31m Manchester United star has big part to play despite Ten Hag opening day snub