Andreas Pereira could be heading for an exit from Manchester United before deadline day.
Gianluca di Marzio reports Lazio have begun negotiations with United to sign Pereira.
They are reportedly looking for an alternative to attacking midfielder Luis Alberto.
Pereira has dropped down the pecking order at United, and a departure now is in everybody’s best interests.
Gone backwards in 12 months
Pereira began two of United’s first three matches in the 2019/20 season.
For the first three matches of 2020/21, Pereira failed to even make the substitute’s bench.
At this stage, it is not even a surprise. Pereira did not even start a single game after lockdown resumed in March.
His omission from the bench against Luton in midweek told it’s own story. He needs to move on.
Fee should not be a problem
Pereira signed a new contract at United in 2019. But he is not among the club’s highest earners.
United need not hold out for a particularly high amount, and a fee of around £10 million should be acceptable.
It would not be a surprise if United end up sending Pereira on a season long loan.
Strong performances in Italy would see his reputation rise along with his price tag, and a loan with an option-to-buy clause as part of the deal may end up being a happy compromise.
Pereira should be keen to move on at this point and take on the next chapter in his career.
At just 24-years-old he has plenty more to offer, even if it is not at Manchester United.
- Mata’s impressed Solskjaer in training: Could he resume van de Beek partnership tonight?
- Manchester United loanee Facundo Pellistri returns to Alaves training after injury
- Solskjaer says United believe Will Fish could be a star
- Three things we want to see in Paul Pogba’s Amazon ‘Pogmentary’
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Granada
- Manchester United fans react to Jude Bellingham’s Champions League performance
- Three key questions as Declan Rice to Manchester United rumours grow stronger
- Brandon Williams will fancy his chances of rare game time for United tonight
- What channel is the Man Utd v Granada Europa League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news