Ralf Rangnick was in attendance at Old Trafford as Manchester United took on Arsenal.
The German boss saw an entertaining game as United came from behind to beat Arsenal 3-2.
Rangnick was seen at the final whistle applauding, and smiling, as the cameras cut to him, with John Murtough alongside him.
Rangnick saw Bruno Fernandes score United’s equaliser after a controversial Arsenal goal.
Then a strike from Cristiano Ronaldo gave United the lead, his 800th career goal.
Ronaldo followed that up with his 801st, in between an Arsenal equaliser.
The winner came from the penalty spot after a VAR check after Fred had been fouled inside the area.
Rangnick will take charge of United’s next fixture, on Sunday against Crystal Palace at Old Trafford.
He had a good view from the director’s box to assess United’s strengths and weaknesses against the Gunners.
Rangnick will hold a press conference at 1.30pm on Friday.
United are in seventh place despite the victory, although the fourth placed side, West Ham, are just three points ahead.
There is a bigger gap to the top of the table, with United 12 points behind first place.
- Marcel Sabitzer’s record against British teams explored and why the Austrian could be a lucky charm vs Barcelona
- Will Martin Dubravka be awarded a winner’s medal if Manchester United win the Carabao Cup?
- Marcel Sabitzer has scored more club career goals than Anthony Martial
- Report: Mason Greenwood considers China career move
- Jadon Sancho breaks three month social media silence with message to Manchester United fans
- Jadon Sancho has just solved a Manchester United squad dilemma
- Five reasons Marcel Sabitzer is a fantastic signing for Manchester United
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace
- Erik ten Hag is now personally tracking the progress of Eredivisie midfielder Taylor Booth
- Paul Merson gets it wrong over Sabitzer again and predicts Manchester United could drop points v Crystal Palace
- Why Bruno Guimaraes will be available to face Manchester United in Carabao Cup final