Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United work permit has finally been granted, as per Sky Sports.
The German’s start to his reign as United manager has been delayed while the wait continued.
It has meant he will not lead the side into the clash with Arsenal, with Michael Carrick once again in caretaker charge.
But Rangnick will now be in the dugout for United’s clash with Crystal Palace on Sunday.
It remains to be seen how much time he will actually get to work with the players between the Arsenal and Palace games.
Between recovery and preparation, there may only be one training session for him to get his ideas across.
But United’s new era can finally start as Rangnick leads the team into the hectic Christmas period.
The German was spotted being shown around Old Trafford earlier this week and it will not be long now until he is back there in front of a full house as manager.
- Sky Sports pundit praises Marcel Sabitzer to Manchester United move
- Manchester United in talks to send Williams and Tuanzebe on loan before transfer deadline
- Fresh Fred is perfectly positioned to help Sabitzer replace Eriksen
- Marcel Sabitzer has already spoken about how “special” it is to play at Old Trafford
- Manchester United contact Lyon over Houssem Aouar