Predicted Manchester United line-up v Leicester City
A huge fixture lies ahead on Boxing Day as Manchester United look to build on an impressive run of Premier League form.
United take on Leicester City away from home in a 12.30pm kick-off.
Leicester are in second place, one point ahead of United, although we have a game in hand.
The Carabao Cup game in midweek at Everton tested United’s squad, although plenty of rotation will mean there will be a similar line up to the one which started the 6-2 win against Leeds.
United beat Leicester home and away last season, keeping clean sheets in both matches.
The certain starters
Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood will lead the line again, although if United go with a 4-2-3-1, there may be space on the right side of attack.
Bruno Fernandes will start this fixture too, as will Fred in central midfield.
United’s defensive partnership will be Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof, as it has been for all but one game in the league this season.
David de Gea will be back in goal looking for a third successive clean sheet against Leicester. Expect Aaron Wan-Bissaka to return at right-back.
Who else will be in?
Expect United to continue alternating left-backs through this busy period. Luke Shaw then should start this game, with Alex Telles coming back in to face Wolves.
In midfield there is a question as to who will partner Fred. Scott McTominay is dealing with a groin injury and Solskjaer could turn to Paul Pogba for this game.
On the right wing it could be Mason Greenwood getting a start to form an attacking front three. He started in the win here on the last day of last season.
- Ten Hag issues young player warning after handing debuts to 22nd and 23rd academy players at Ajax
- Erik ten Hag responds when asked about potential Manchester United double deal
- 'He is a giant'… Erik ten Hag says he can't wait to work with Manchester United star
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee wins fans player of the year
- New United boss Ten Hag picks out the one Ajax player he is 'extremely grateful' for
- 15-year-old whizkid Manchester United signed from Arsenal makes first under-18s start
- 'I am not going': Erik ten Hag makes vow Manchester United fans will love, set to avoid Van Gaal error
- 'Disaster'… Manchester United loanee criticised after yet another injury
- Portugal international waiting on offer from Manchester United as Barcelona make move
- Manchester United eye cut-price move for £32m Champions League winner to partner De Jong
- 17-goal wonderkid, La Masia graduate: 3 FA Youth Cup winners Man Utd should loan out this summer
- Erik ten Hag's first five signings as Ajax manager including two former Premier League stars
- Five players Manchester United had very lucky escapes on including '£50m-valued midfielder'