Have you ever seen Aaron Wan-Bissaka get beat one on one? It is a rare sight in the Premier League when this happens.
So fair play to left-back Brandon Williams who left Wan-Bissaka spinning when he flew fast him in an intra-squad match in training for Manchester United at Carrington on Tuesday.
Hopefully we won’t see much of this over the next two months, and it speaks volumes about Williams’ quality going forward in itself.
United had been due to play a friendly match against Championship side Stoke City at Carrington on Tuesday.
But this was cancelled after a Stoke player received a positive Covid-19 test upon arrival, The Mail reported.
So United’s stars played a hastily arranged match between themselves, which appeared to get quite competitive.
For United’s players at this point it is just about getting minutes on the clock and building up fitness in semi-competitive matches.
All of the players are looking to prove themselves, to earn places in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s starting line up and even the squad.
Solskjaer will not be a closed book based on previous form and reputation.
He will be examining who looks fresh and sharp, who has the right attitude and hunger, in addition to various tactical dilemmas he has to solve.
So there is a chance for players to push their way into his thoughts, with how they apply themselves in training.
United are said to be looking to arrange a friendly fixture against Championship promotion hopefuls West Bromwich Albion later this week, The Express and Star report.
Preparations for our first fixture back against Tottenham are clearly accelerating. The game will be here before we know it.
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans ahead of semi-final second leg
- Ruben Neves should be Manchester United’s number one midfield target
- Manchester United fans react to fixture pile-up
- Brandon Williams is in-demand and a loan move looks essential
- No free pass for Murtough on United transfers as revolution gathers pace
- New Manchester United v Liverpool date set, final fixtures confirmed
- Former United defender Rafael takes aim at both PSG and City after Champions League semi-final
- Elanga included in United’s squad for Roma, James out injured
- Solskjaer admits he still doesn’t know whether Greenwood will be a striker or winger