Photo: Edinson Cavani pictured back in Manchester United training
Edinson Cavani is yet to play a single minute of the Ralf Rangnick era at Manchester United so far.
He was due to start training after the 1-0 win at Norwich in United’s last game, along with Raphael Varane and potentially Anthony Martial.
Of course United have missed games against Brentford and Brighton recently, which Cavani might have played in.
But he has had extra time to get over the tendon issues which have blighted his season and has now been pictured back in full training alongside his teammates.
Nemanja Matic uploaded a photo from training featuring Cavani on his ‘winning’ team.
The message to Cristiano Ronaldo is a reference to the Portuguese superstar posting yesterday (Wednesday) about his side coming out victorious.
One player who was on both winning teams is Amad Diallo. He never seems to lose and that is something some United fans online have already noticed.
He also acknowledged it on Instagram, celebrating that he has been on the superior team for the past two sessions.
Captain Harry Maguire also celebrated being on the winning side two days running.
The England international has had a patchy season but will hope the second half is an improvement after the enforced break.
Perhaps the impending return of Varane will help on that score but the Frenchman has not yet been pictured from the two past days of training.
Other stars such as David de Gea, Jadon Sancho and Bruno Fernandes can be spotted in the training picture, as well as young starlet Hannibal, who has returned from the Arab Cup, where his native Tunisia were beaten in the final by Algeria.
- 3 things we learned about Erik ten Hag from Manchester United’s opening game
- 'Leading option'… Manchester United make move for Juventus midfielder as De Jong alternative
- £31m Manchester United star has big part to play despite Ten Hag opening day snub
- Manchester United target said Red Devils star on 'another planet' and was criticised by Neville
- Laporta tells two Barcelona players to leave and makes Frenkie de Jong statement amid Manchester United reports