Photo: Cristiano Ronaldo pictured back in Manchester United training
Manchester United are back in training after their Carrington training complex was re-opened.
Some players returned to the grass yesterday and the club is embarking on a staggered return to work.
Cristiano Ronaldo is among the players who were back on Wednesday and he took to Instagram to celebrate that return.
He also offered an insight into some of the players who have also been given the go-ahead to come back to training.
Club captain Harry Maguire and his England teammate Marcus Rashford were also pictured as United start their preparations for Monday’s clash with Newcastle.
Brazilians Fred and Alex Telles are also there, as they look to continue the good form they showed under Ralf Rangnick before United’s outbreak.
Youngsters Anthony Elanga and Amad are also there as they continue working a manager in Rangnick who has a good record when it comes to youth development.
Good injury news
Juan Mata missed United’s last game against Norwich with illness but he has clearly been passed fit to train.
Luke Shaw has also been a recent absentee but he is back in training after struggling with head injuries. The enforced break may have done him good.
And it is great to see Victor Lindelof there, after he was forced off at Carrow Road after struggling to breathe.
Of course other returning players could well have been there too; Ronaldo’s team needed someone to win against, and we await further news on that.
- Forget Arnautovic, the most ludicrous Manchester United striker link yet has emerged
- Manchester United's possible midfield solution could finally make career-changing breakthrough this weekend
- Report: £63m Manchester United target's fiancee 'desperate' to stay put
- 'Could be good for United'… French expert says £19m star could thrive under Ten Hag
- £35m star's possible Manchester United move spells trouble for two Red Devils stars