Manchester United have lost the FA Cup semi-final to Chelsea.
Goals from Olivier Giroud, Mason Mount, and an own goal from Harry Maguire gave Chelsea a lead which frankly they deserved.
Bruno Fernandes scored a late penalty which was only a consolation.
Former United defender Phil Neville gave his verdict on United’s defeat to BBC Sport.
He said: “I didnt think they had a player on the pitch maybe Fernandes that played well. They looked tired and sluggish. I think Ole picked the wrong team.”
Solskjaer reverted to a 3-4-1-2 formation and left out Paul Pogba, Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood.
Neville added that he feels United should be worried about the form of goalkeeper David de Gea.
The Spaniard was at fault for Chelsea’s second goal, and could have done better for the first.
Neville said: “If I was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer I would be worried. His credentials are still up there with the best in the world but at the moment he has lost all his confidence.”
This ends United’s run of 19 games unbeaten in all competitions.
Now Solskjaer has to pick his players up for the two remaining Premier League matches against West Ham and Leicester City.
It is likely he sticks with De Gea for these games, but there is a discussion to be made beyond that.
Sergio Romero could come back in for the Europa League, and then there is an option to use Dean Henderson next season instead of sending him out on loan again.
- Manchester United fans react to Mason Greenwood’s performance
- Cavani needs one more subsitute goal to equal Solskjaer record
- Jack Grealish responds to Dean Henderson’s new look
- Joel Glazer comments in announcement to plan Super League
- ‘Absolute scandal’… Gary Neville rages against proposed European Super League reports and Glazers
- Three big positives from Manchester United’s win over Burnley
- What channel is the Man Utd v Burnley Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Three key questions as Raphael Varane to Manchester United links ramp up
- Youngster Malachi Sharpe undergoes first Manchester United academy training session