Manchester United can’t stop winning. This time a nervous start turned into a saunter at Villa Park.
United won 3-0 and had the game wrapped up by the hour mark. If we had needed to, we could have scored another three goals.
Bruno Fernandes opened the scoring from the penalty spot, before Mason Greenwood and then Paul Pogba scored goals from outside the box.
This was United’s fourth Premier League win in a row, and confidence is flowing.
Former Red Devils midfielder Paul Scholes was impressed. He posted his thoughts on the win on social media, suggesting our rivals are already getting worried about this United team.
Scholes has often been a harsh critic of United in the post-Fergie era. He is admittedly hard to please, but it comes from a love for the club.
If this team is winning his plaudits and making him happy, it certainly shows Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are on the right track.
United’s winning run puts us just one point off fourth place, and if we win our remaining four matches, we will qualify for the Champions League.
There are also two trophies up for grabs with the FA Cup and Europa League, and the promise of a transfer window which gives the team further opportunity to improve.
Suddenly everything is looking rosy for United. What an opportunity we have now to really go and kick on, and finally start preparing to win our title back next season.
- Manchester United fans react to Nemanja Matic’s performance
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after win
- Six things we learned as Manchester United beat Brighton 3-2
- Hannibal Mejbri shows quality in under-23 defeat
- Why Manchester United should consider bargain Todibo bid
- Quick deal for Alex Telles would provide ideal chance for United debut next week
- Comparing Manchester United’s reported Sancho plan with offer they wanted
- David de Gea says he is feeling the best he’s ever felt in his career
- Two Premier League managers believe United were the best team they faced last season