Remember when Jose Mourinho was sacked and Paul Pogba responded with a jab on social media an hour later?
He has now given his verdict on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s exit, and it is far kinder.
Pogba wishes Solskjaer all the best and thanked him for the positive moments he has brought to the club.
Pogba missed Manchester United’s defeat against Watford, and the preceding loss to City.
This was due to his suspension, and his subsequent injury would have ruled him out of upcoming games.
Pogba won’t be fit to return until 2022, and United’s interim manager will have to work out how he fits into the side.
The Frenchman’s contract expires in the summer, and it is possible he is sold in January to raise funds.
Pogba initially looked reborn under Solskjaer, but like so many of the boss’ best games in charge, the famous PSG away win came without the Frenchman.
Fred also pays tribute
Midfield star Fred also wished Solskjaer well. The Brazilian also did not feature in the 4-1 loss at Watford.
Fred was a favourite of Solskjaer’s during his time at the club, a regular pick in big games after starring in the away win against PSG in 2019.
United’s players clearly have enjoyed times under Solskjaer and have a fondness for him as a person.
But results have dictated it is time to move on, and the upheaval that will bring will be significant.
United’s players who want to stay at the club will be fighting for their futures. Whether Pogba falls into this category remains to be seen amid his contract situation.
The Frenchman’s final act in the Premier League under Solskjaer was his red card in the defeat to Liverpool.
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports
- Ralf Rangnick’s comments bring cause for concern for Luke Shaw
- Michael Carrick praises ‘terrific’ Jadon Sancho in press conference
- Manchester United predicted line-up v Chelsea
- German football expert predicts that Sancho will be perfect for Rangnick