Manchester United laboured to a draw against Southampton on Sunday afternoon.
United dominated spells of the match but could not show a killer instinct and conceded a sloppy goal in the first half.
The result felt like two points dropped and undid some of the good work from the season opener a week ago.
United’s players are trying to be positive, with goalscorer Mason Greenwood sending a message after the result.
Paul Pogba, who laid on the assist for Greenwood, also fired out a message urging the team to kick on.
United have one more match before the international break, next Sunday away at Wolves.
It is a pivotal match which will define how United have started this season.
A win and United have taken seven points from a possible nine, a big improvement on the three from nine last season.
Draw or lose and the improvement is minor, and United will lose early ground on the pacesetters, with Liverpool and Chelsea both winning their two early games, before they face off next weekend.
- Is a diamond formation the solution to Manchester United’s problems?
- Manchester United youngster Malachi Sharpe scores on Scotland under-17 debut
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message as he looks to bounce back with Manchester United
- Five substitutes rule change would benefit Manchester United whoever is in charge
- Manchester City out of Carabao Cup: Did Manchester United miss out or have lucky escape?
- Three steps Solskjaer can take to avoid bowing out like Jose Mourinho
- Manchester United’s players pictured back in training
- Raphael Varane’s possible return would be Manchester United’s best case scenario
- A look at Antonio Conte’s record vs Manchester United
- Fred and McTominay stepped up for Solskjaer last season and he needs them to improve