Manchester United’s players are celebrating reaching the Europa League final.
United endured a topsy-turvy second leg against Roma which itself was a 3-2 defeat, but ended with a 8-5 aggregate victory, after a thrilling 6-2 home leg win.
Edinson Cavani scored both of United’s goals on the night, and he was the difference over the two legs.
United’s players have been posting on social media after the aggregate victory.
Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba were among the players to post messages.
Pogba won the trophy with United back in 2017 and he will be desperate to get his hands on silverware once again.
Defender Eric Bailly was back in the line-up, and while he was pleased the team progressed, he made reference to a ‘frustrating’ night, with United conceding three second half goals.
Captain Harry Maguire is looking ahead to the positives, pleased with the accomplishment of making the final.
Having tasted four agonising semi-final losses as skipper, plus a World Cup semi-final defeat, it was important for Maguire to get this two-legged win under his belt.
United face Villarreal in the final, who beat Arsenal 2-1 on aggregate after a 0-0 draw at The Emirates.
The tie will take place on May 26, with United having to play five Premier League games in between.
- Manchester United youngster Sonny Aljofree celebrates meeting Cristiano Ronaldo
- Is a diamond formation the solution to Manchester United’s problems?
- Manchester United youngster Malachi Sharpe scores on Scotland under-17 debut
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message as he looks to bounce back with Manchester United
- Five substitutes rule change would benefit Manchester United whoever is in charge
- Manchester City out of Carabao Cup: Did Manchester United miss out or have lucky escape?
- Three steps Solskjaer can take to avoid bowing out like Jose Mourinho
- Manchester United’s players pictured back in training
- Raphael Varane’s possible return would be Manchester United’s best case scenario
- A look at Antonio Conte’s record vs Manchester United