Paul Pogba came off the bench to help Manchester United to a winning start in the 2020/21 Champions League.
Pogba provided the assist to Marcus Rashford to find the United striker in space in the 87th minute, before he struck a winning goal from outside the box.
Solskjaer brought Pogba on midway through the second half and he helped United take control of the game.
Any disappointment he will have felt at not starting clearly disappeared with the impact he made. His message after the game showed he was in good spirits…
Pogba was one of several United stars to comment on social media after the 2-1 away victory.
New signing Alex Telles also sent a message out, expressing his satisfaction at making his debut and helping United to secure the win.
Teammates Fred and Aaron Wan-Bissaka also posted on Instagram after United’s victory.
Results and away days like this one can only help United to build team spirit.
United have won every single away match this season, and the last 10 in all competitions dating back to last season.
Winning at Old Trafford has been the problem this season with two losses out of two.
Next up are back to back games at home against Chelsea, and RB Leipzig, and so it is time to put that right.
- Manchester United in August: Predicting the transfer deals to come
- United loanee Bernard makes first Hull appearance in 2-0 win over Red Devils U23 side
- Report: Fenerbahce want to sign United midfielder Pereira
- Hull boss McCann delighted to sign Manchester United’s Di’Shon Bernard on loan
- Henderson is excited by United signing Sancho
- United defender Eric Bailly endures mixed day as Ivory Coast exit Olympics
- Marcus Rashford posts long emotional message after decision to undergo surgery
- Di’Shon Bernard signs new long-term contract with Manchester United
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United