Manchester United’s transfer business is looking very positive right now. And now a very optimistic report has made a very bold claim.
The Sun report United are very advanced with deals for Kieran Trippier and Raphael Varane and believe a double announcement could be made by the end of next week.
It’s optimistic. It’s probably too good to be true. But it is encouraging.
Could this double deal be on?
The source may bring some concern to some fans. But it is reported by The Sun’s lead United writer Neil Custis. The paper has jumped the gun before, two years ago claiming the Harry Maguire deal was agreed and complete in mid- July 2019 – but this did not materialise for another three weeks. Ultimately it proved to be correct.
United fans should be confident both deals could get done. It’s quite possible the Varane deal might be completed by the end of next week. RMC Sport reported yesterday that United are advanced in pursuit of the French defender.
A move for Trippier is more complicated due to Atletico’s resistance to wanting to sell. But the defender is said to be desperate to return to Manchester, The Telegraph report.
The Trippier move has the feel of a transfer which could drag on until deadline day, but United appear more aggressive in the market this year.
United need to sell, and Jesse Lingard’s departure could be accelerated as the club push ahead with these two deals, speculated to cost a combined £68 million.
Varane has one year left on his deal and Trippier two. If United can get these deals over the line, let’s just say we are looking very strong for next season. Getting both done before the season kicks off would be outstanding business, with Jadon Sancho already in.
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract
- Harry Maguire pictured enjoying holiday abroad