Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Anthony Martial will return for Manchester United’s game against Manchester City tomorrow.
Martial limped off against West Ham last Saturday and missed the Champions League exit against RB Leipzig on Tuesday
Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of the Manchester derby, streamed live on the club’s official app at 1:30pm, Solskjaer confirmed Martial will return.
Meanwhile, a decision is yet to be made about Edinson Cavani, but Solskjaer said he’s back on the grass.
“It was a long travel back, so we had a day of recovery on Wednesday and after that the focus has been good, focus on this game, Manchester derby,” said Solskjaer.
“It’s probably the best game you can ask for after such a disappointment because it does stick in your system.
“Anthony will definitely be involved, Edinson has been on the grass but I’ll make a decision later.”
Martial opened the scoring when United last faced City, that 2-0 victory back in March in the last game played in front of fans at Old Trafford.
He has struggled for form this season, looking low on confidence and the injury was another setback during a tricky campaign.
It gives Solskjaer a decision to make up front. His frontline was almost decided for him in Leipzig.
The other dilemma he faces is whether to stick with the five-man defence which worked against City in March but struggled to contain Leipzig in midweek.
- Five things we learned as Manchester United draw with Crystal Palace
- Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace
- It’s getting harder to see Manchester United keeping Juan Mata
- Report: Erling Haaland will consider United but not Chelsea
- Luke Shaw has been ‘unbelievable recently’ says Dan James
- Some United fans react as Solskjaer predicts a quiet summer transfer window
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace
- Teden Mengi’s first loan start at centre-back for Derby proves to be a tough one
- Manchester United fans react to Raphael Varane reports