Yet another negative story was printed over Mason Greenwood over the weekend.
The Mirror ran an article claiming there is concern Greenwood could throw his career away like Ravel Morrison.
This comes less than a month after Greenwood scored his first ever Champions League goal at the age of 19.
It was just the latest piece to criticise the teenager, and for many, it was the last straw.
United supporters rallied round Greenwood and lambasted the newspaper, with more than 2,000 angry responses to their tweet.
Former United stars Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand made their positions clear as they criticised the article.
Greenwood did send a message out on Sunday but did not rise to the criticism.
He simply tweeted out a picture of him playing football for United, suggesting he is fully focused on hitting top form.
Sadly there was more
Another Manchester United star also came in for criticism from the press over the weekend.
Marcus Rashford was called out by The Mail – simply for spending his own money on property.
Rashford is more forthright in dealing with the media than most footballers and sent out a message standing his ground.
Rashford’s message brought about a really positive response from supporters – and most fans of rival clubs too.
He should never be put into a position where he even needed to respond, and that’s the problem.
The media appear desperate to try and tear down young footballers, especially Manchester United players.
It has been the same way for years, but it just isn’t good enough. It is great to see the press being called out.
- What channel is the Chelsea v Man Utd Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports
- Ralf Rangnick’s comments bring cause for concern for Luke Shaw