Ecuador international Moises Caicedo is one of the names strongly linked with a move to Manchester United this month.
ESPN South America reported how Caicedo has attracted attention from United, although no move has been completed yet.
Over the past week or so, it has gone a little quiet on the Caicedo front, although it is very possible there is work ongoing behind the scenes.
One thing Caicedo has done which caught the eye, was on social media. He ‘liked’ a post from United’s Instagram account showing a piece of skill from Paul Pogba.
This may mean nothing, but it also means something. Caicedo is clearly following what is going on at United, and a move would appeal.
Caicedo told El Canal del Futbol last year: “My dream is to play for Manchester United.”
He would not take much convincing to join, to play alongside Pogba and even end up replacing him long term.
The teenager is already a regular at international level for Ecuador and would be a shrewd investment for whichever European club signs him. Hopefully it will be United.
Moises Caicedo: Factfile
- Ecuador star
Caicedo is 19-years-old and is a senior Ecuador international already, with four caps and one goal, plus three assists.
- Early impact
Caicedo made his professional debut as a 17-year-old in Ecuador’s top flight.
- High level
He made his Copa Libertadores in 2020. Caicedo has scored two goals and provided one assist in six matches in the competition.
- United link
Caicedo is a central midfielder, but grew up idolising former United captain and countryman Antonio Valencia.
- Club director claims move for wantaway Manchester United star is not “feasible”
- Newcastle targeting loan deal for Manchester United ace, prepared to cover 100% of wages
- What channel is Brentford v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and team news
- Manchester United will need to move the ball quickly to bypass Brentford's top-tackler
- Rangnick says £50m man is set to miss Manchester United's next two Premier League games
- One of Manchester United's top manager targets gets easier as club contact replacement
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford: Elanga and Ronaldo to start
- £100m star pursuit leaves Manchester United at risk of another critical mistake
- Rangnick says £73m Manchester United star is 'one of the best in training sessions'