Michael Carrick praises Sancho as stars including Vinicius Jr congratulate United winger
Manchester United caretaker manager Michael Carrick has praised Jadon Sancho’s performance against Villarreal.
Sancho topped off a very good performance with his first United goal, which it is hoped will kickstart his Manchester United career.
Carrick spoke to the club website after the final whistle and said: “I was so pleased for Jadon.
“I thought he worked his socks off tonight, I thought he gave everything tonight.
“At times, it wasn’t always with the ball and I know how much he enjoys the ball at his feet and trying to make things happen. He showed a different side tonight and, to get his goal at the end, pretty much capped it off perfectly for him and for us.
“To finish it off with Jadon was brilliant. Defensively, he put in a real effort and worked hard for us when we needed him to. It was a big night for him.”
Sancho is a popular player with fans and also with his fellow professionals.
His former Dortmund teammate Jude Bellingham congratulated him on his strike. And he was not the only one.
Responses to Sancho’s Instagram page showed several Manchester United players reaching out, including Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood, and Amad.
There was also a message from Real Madrid star Vinicius Jr, and England teammates Bukayo Saka and Tammy Abraham.
Erling Haaland was another notable name to react to Sancho’s strike.
Sancho is a player supporters want to see succeed at Old Trafford, and it seems we are not alone.
The winger has endured a tough start at United, recently losing his place in the England squad.
This goal provides Sancho a platform from which to kick on, and there is a strong chance he does. This is just the start for the young winger.
- Manchester United's 3 best players in 3-2 win against Omonia Nicosia
- Omonia Nicosia manager Neil Lennon praises 'dynamic' Manchester United duo
- 'He's a massive player': Marcus Rashford raves about 'unbelievable' Manchester United teammate
- Paul Scholes instant reaction to Manchester United win v Omonia, praises 'lively' Red Devils star
- 5 things learned as Manchester United beat Omonia Nicosia 3-2
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Omonia Nicosia: Ronaldo starts as Ten Hag makes 3 changes
- Manager and teammate rave about 'brilliant' Manchester United talent who has 3 assists from 9 games
- 'A process': Ten Hag explains plan for 26-year-old Manchester United star
- 2 goals, 7 tackles and 13 duels won: Former Manchester United target produces masterclass
- 29-year-old Manchester United loanee provides assist in manager's last game before getting sacked
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v Omonia Nicosia, 6 changes