Jadon Sancho is a terrific football player, and unfortunately, we have not seen him play especially well for Manchester United until now.
That is hopefully behind us. Sancho produced a performance against Villarreal which saw Paul Scholes laud him on BT Sport as ‘the best player on the pitch’.
Sancho topped off his performance with a late goal to follow up Cristiano Ronaldo’s opener and seal a 2-0 win to lock up United’s place in the Champions League knockout rounds.
England teammate Declan Rice congratulated Sancho on his goal and he was joined by his former Dortmund teammate Jude Bellingham.
United’s stars enjoyed seeing Sancho get on the scoresheet to score his first goal since signing for the Red Devils back in July.
Teammate Donny van de Beek congratulated Sancho after the full time whistle, as did caretaker manager Michael Carrick.
Emotional scenes for Sancho
Sancho’s goal was a chance for an outpouring of emotion as he released frustration which had been building during his time at the club so far.
It was easy to see what the goal meant to Sancho, and his teammates led by Cristiano Ronaldo acknowledged his big moment.
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports
- Ralf Rangnick’s comments bring cause for concern for Luke Shaw
- Michael Carrick praises ‘terrific’ Jadon Sancho in press conference
- Manchester United predicted line-up v Chelsea
- German football expert predicts that Sancho will be perfect for Rangnick
- Thomas Tuchel gives his verdict on Ralf Rangnick managing United