Jadon Sancho is a terrific football player, and unfortunately, we have not seen him play especially well for Manchester United until now.
That is hopefully behind us. Sancho produced a performance against Villarreal which saw Paul Scholes laud him on BT Sport as ‘the best player on the pitch’.
Sancho topped off his performance with a late goal to follow up Cristiano Ronaldo’s opener and seal a 2-0 win to lock up United’s place in the Champions League knockout rounds.
England teammate Declan Rice congratulated Sancho on his goal and he was joined by his former Dortmund teammate Jude Bellingham.
United’s stars enjoyed seeing Sancho get on the scoresheet to score his first goal since signing for the Red Devils back in July.
Teammate Donny van de Beek congratulated Sancho after the full time whistle, as did caretaker manager Michael Carrick.
Emotional scenes for Sancho
Sancho’s goal was a chance for an outpouring of emotion as he released frustration which had been building during his time at the club so far.
It was easy to see what the goal meant to Sancho, and his teammates led by Cristiano Ronaldo acknowledged his big moment.
- Sky Sports pundit praises Marcel Sabitzer to Manchester United move
- Manchester United in talks to send Williams and Tuanzebe on loan before transfer deadline
- Fresh Fred is perfectly positioned to help Sabitzer replace Eriksen
- Marcel Sabitzer has already spoken about how “special” it is to play at Old Trafford
- Manchester United contact Lyon over Houssem Aouar
- Manchester United enquire over Japan international Daichi Kamada
- Rio Ferdinand reacts to Manchester United being in talks with Bayern Munich to sign Marcel Sabitzer on loan
- Marcel Sabitzer set to fly to Manchester to seal transfer move
- Dishon Bernard leaves Manchester United to join League One side on loan