Marcus Rashford scored a milestone career goal as he captained England for the very first time.
Rashford scored the winning goal in a friendly as England beat Romania 1-0.
The Manchester United star scored a penalty, stroking the ball into the bottom corner coolly and leaving the goalkeeper with no chance.
He made it look easy, while Jordan Henderson found out this was not the case as he took a penalty later in the game and missed, after Rashford had been substituted.
This was Rashford’s 100th professional goal as a player. He has 88 for Manchester United so far.
This is more than David Beckham and Eric Cantona, both of who he overtook this past season, netting 21 club goals in 2020/21,
Rashford now has 12 international goals, with this penalty taking him up to 100 for club and country.
To reach the special number while wearing the captain’s armband made this match a game to remember.
Gearing up for Euro 2020
This was England’s final warm-up fixture for Euro 2020. Rashford did not feature in the game against Austria in midweek.
Rashford played 75 minutes, as did United teammate Luke Shaw.
Harry Maguire missed out once again through injury while Dean Henderson was injured. Jesse Lingard played the final 15 minutes.
Transfer target Jadon Sancho played 65 minutes and hit the crossbar with a curling effort in the first half.
- What channel is Man United v Liverpool on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Mike Phelan sends rallying cry to Manchester United fans
- Brandon Williams plays first game in four weeks and it ends badly
- Zach Giggs plays in Manchester United under-18 win
- Matic expects Elanga to make the grade at United
- David de Gea praised by Manchester United legend Alex Stepney
- Solskjaer gives injury update on Raphael Varane
- Dortmund reportedly tried to loan Henderson this summer
- Solskjaer hints he regrets not playing Fred in Europa League final
- Prospect of Van de Beek covering if Manchester United star is absent feels practically non-existent