Manchester United's three best players against Wolves
Manchester United did enough to earn three points against Wolves, even if it was not a vintage display.
There were not many attacking performances which stood out, despite Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford combining for an injury time winning goal.
That takes both players up to 14 goals for the season already. However, the most impressive performers on the night at Old Trafford came at the opposite end of the pitch.
Here is a look at United’s three best players on the night against Wolves…
It is hard to understate the quality of Eric Bailly’s performance. He was immaculate defensively and showed why he can be an upgrade on Victor Lindelof.
His recovery pace helped United out a couple of times, with a key interception in the first half. He made four in total.
Bailly held up to start his third game in seven days, and put in a commanding performance.
He just needs to stay fit now, because he showed here what a top player he is capable of being. Wolves did not offer a lot attacking-wise, but when they did go forward, Bailly was equal to everything.
It wasn’t just Bailly who stood out at the back, club captain Harry Maguire did his part too.
Maguire won a team-high five aerial duels, while winning three tackles, equal to Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
He managed 87 touches in total, playing a key part in linking the defence to midfield, most frequently playing the ball short to Nemanja Matic.
Maguire also managed to block two shots, and made two further clearances. This was a team effort and the England centre-back had a big contribution to a third clean sheet in the last four league games at Old Trafford.
David de Gea
David de Gea did not have much to do, but when he did, he was equal to it.
The 30-year-old made one terrific save in the first half to deny Romain Saiss just before the break. He showed point blank reactions and was also alert to make a similar stop in the second half, before the whistle blew for offside.
He even came through a collision with Adama Traore late on, which he saw the funny side of.
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'
- An XI of players that has played with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi including 3 former Manchester United stars
- Manchester United loanee gets international call despite only 71 minutes action in four months
- Manchester United can take real positive signs from Ajax's two award winners
- Bayern Munich fear wanted star is heading to sign for Manchester United