Bruno Fernandes’ return to training was the highlight of Manchester United’s Wednesday training session.
Fernandes was back at United 48 hours early after a suspension ruled him out of Portugal’s World Cup qualifier with Luxembourg.
Normally, Fernandes would only have been returning to Carrington on Friday, so it was good to have him back early.
He joined a core group of Edinson Cavani, Fred, Alex Telles, Nemanja Matic, Axel Tuanzebe, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Brandon Williams, who for various reasons were not involved in international matches this week.
United released a number of images from the session, showing Fred coming close to scoring a rare goal.
Fred, also seen wearing the red boots below, has not netted a first team goal for United since February 2020.
Training with the first team for a second successive day was youngster Hannibal Mejbri.
The young Frenchman was seen taking a shot to try and beat back-up goalkeeper Lee Grant from close range.
United’s squad should be supplemented by players returning on Friday.
This does not allow for much turnaround time, but at least United are playing on Sunday evening, and the match against Brighton is a home fixture, allowing for more preparation time.
Leicester and Manchester City face off on the Saturday, meaning at least one of the two teams on either side of us will drop points.
- Solskjaer says United believe Will Fish could be a star
- Three things we want to see in Paul Pogba’s Amazon ‘Pogmentary’
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Granada
- Manchester United fans react to Jude Bellingham’s Champions League performance
- Three key questions as Declan Rice to Manchester United rumours grow stronger
- Brandon Williams will fancy his chances of rare game time for United tonight
- What channel is the Man Utd v Granada Europa League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Manchester United’s TikTok account releases light-hearted Cavani video after Tottenham controversy
- It’s easy to see why Harry Kane is reportedly interested in signing for Manchester United
- Phil Jones pictured training for first time in 2021