Manchester United’s preparations for the season restart stepped up a notch with a training game at Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon.
United’s players competed in an 11 v 11 game with red shirst versus gold kits.
It was to help prepare the players for playing in an empty Old Trafford in just over a fortnight’s time.
United’s second game back is a home fixture against Sheffield United.
So it is important United are ready for the strange feeling of playing at the stadium behind closed doors without fans cheering them on.
It is a little strange to see the players in full kit playing a match at Old Trafford against each other.
But after months on lockdown, the players seemed to enjoy it, and were busy on social media after the session.
Bruno Fernandes joked with Nemanja Matic that the Serbian was getting too close to him.
Harry Maguire and Fred commented on how pleased they were to be back at Old Trafford, while Brandon Williams noted the surreal atmosphere.
Jesse Lingard, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Andreas Pereira, Luke Shaw and Diogo Dalot also posted similar messages.
United’s first game is on Friday June 19 against Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur.
- What does Nemanja Matic’s renewal mean for James Garner?
- Three reasons why United should consider James Rodriguez move
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Aston Villa
- Solskjaer gives Lindelof fitness update
- A look back at Solskjaer’s comments on Greenwood one year ago
- Manchester United should extend Mason Greenwood’s contract even further
- Bruno Fernandes is enjoying helping Anthony Martial shine
- Be open minded over a potential United move for Nathan Ake
- Incoming United addition Isak Hansen-Aaroen makes professional debut