Mason Greenwood scored Manchester United’s winning goal against Wolves to secure a 1-0 victory.
Greenwood’s 80th minute strike was his third goal in three games to start the season.
Factoring in goals at the end of last season, he has nine in his last 11 games.
Greenwood is also now one of just four teenagers to score 20 Premier League goals before turning 20.
The young striker loved getting on the scoresheet and reacted after the goal with a ‘Black Panther’ inspired celebration.
Everybody loves Greenwood
Greenwood’s message drew numerous replies from teammates past and present.
Jesse Lingard, James Garner and Anthony Elanga were among the players to send him congratulatory messages after the game.
There were more messages too, with teammate Amad sending him pictures of a ‘king’ emoji.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer spoke highly of Greenwood and explained that he felt him being left out of the England squad was the right move.
Solskjaer said: “The boy’s special. I’ve had a good conversation with Gareth and we discussed Mason of course and all the other players but Mason’s one we both can see is a top player for Man United and England.
“The boy of course wants to play for his country but I think at the moment the best for him is to focus on his everyday football and I’m sure he’ll come good for England in the end.”
A rest for Greenwood is definitely positive for United. He will be fresh for when the Premier League restarts on September 11, with United facing Newcastle at Old Trafford.
- Patrice Evra thanks Manchester United as he completes his coaching badges
- Aston Villa fans laud Tuanzebe’s EFL Cup performance
- Solskjaer had ideal chance to unleash Hannibal Mejbri but opted for Mata instead
- Alex Telles shows attacking qualities but also his defensive deficiencies
- Solskjaer hails United fans after EFL Cup exit
- When will Donny van de Beek’s next opportunity come after cup KO?
- Anthony Martial wastes his Manchester United chance
- Jadon Sancho grows in confidence without a cutting edge in United defeat
- Anthony Elanga makes a big impression in a short amount of time
- Solskjaer comments on Edinson Cavani’s fitness
- Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot send messages to Manchester United fans after defeat
- Solskjaer addresses Anthony Martial’s performance
- Manchester United’s three best players against West Ham
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose 1-0 to West Ham
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v West Ham