Edinson Cavani says he is ‘back’ ahead of the new 2021/22 season.
Cavani’s return had been later than any other player, with United happy to give him extra time at home in Uruguay.
Now with a couple of days to spare before the new season starts, Cavani says he is back at home in Manchester.
Cavani has his close family with him, indicating he will feel at home off the pitch. On it, he should relish being in front of crowds at Old Trafford.
The striker needed a break after a long season and the Copa America. He turned 35 earlier this year.
He is unlikely to be in the matchday squad to face Leeds on Saturday morning.
It is unclear whether Cavani has to quarantine and for how long upon his return, before he can attend training at Carrington.
The striker has been doing what he can to get fit ahead of the new season, posting a series of videos on Instagram showing his workouts.
Cavani ended last season on great form, finishing on 17 goals for the campaign.
Mason Greenwood and Anthony Martial will fill in up front for him when he is not available.
But when the big games come around, Cavani has demonstrated he should be United’s first choice when fully fit.
- Conte may be a serial winner domestically but he hasn’t cracked Europe
- Manchester United loanee Dylan Levitt dominates in Dundee United draw
- Marcus Rashford sends message as he looks to fix Manchester United situation
- Three quick fix signings Manchester United could make in January to get back on track
- Manchester United youngster Sonny Aljofree celebrates meeting Cristiano Ronaldo
- Is a diamond formation the solution to Manchester United’s problems?
- Manchester United youngster Malachi Sharpe scores on Scotland under-17 debut
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message as he looks to bounce back with Manchester United
- Five substitutes rule change would benefit Manchester United whoever is in charge
- Manchester City out of Carabao Cup: Did Manchester United miss out or have lucky escape?