Manchester United have been drawn against Real Sociedad in the last 32 of the Europa League.
That represents a tricky draw as they currently sit top of La Liga, albeit having played two more games than Atletico Madrid who are also on 26 points.
The game will also see United go up against one of their former players, Adnan Januzaj.
He was sold to the Spanish outfit in 2017 for £9.8 million, back when Jose Mourinho was in charge at Old Trafford.
United tried to protect themselves in case Januzaj realised his huge potential in Spain.
90Min report that United can sign the Belgian winger back for 40 million euro (£36.6 million), because Mourinho insisted on a buy-back clause.
As per the Mirror, his actual release clause is 60 million euros (£55 million) and United are notified if another club activates it.
The winger has carved out a decent career for himself since the disappointment at United, earning 12 international caps and scoring against England at World Cup 2018.
This season, he has struggled for starts but has two goals and one assist to his name from 13 appearances across all competitions.
He would likely relish playing from the off against United, and showing his former employers what they’re missing.
Januzaj isn’t the only familiar face United will be going up against.
Former Manchester City playmaker David Silva joined Sociedad in the summer and would likely love to get one over on United.
Also, ex-Arsenal left back Nacho Monreal also turns out for the La Liga table-toppers.
They will be able to tell their teammates all about facing United and the draw is among the tougher Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could’ve been handed.
- Manchester United injuries and suspensions: All six first team players set to miss Leeds game
- Qatari investors planning ‘massive offer’ for Manchester United
- Fred says he enjoys scoring against Leeds and wants to keep doing it
- Bruno Fernandes will be looking to improve upon his formidable record against managerless Leeds United
- Raphael Varane gives his verdict on where Marcus Rashford ranks among the best players he’s played with
- Manchester United loanee Will Fish performances rated by Hibernian captain
- A look at how many times Mason Greenwood has been capped for England
- Erik ten Hag says Manchester United star is now injured and will not face Leeds tomorrow
- Manchester United ‘bid £100 million’ for Declan Rice last summer, claims transfer expert