Facundo Pellistri’s run of four consecutive starts for Alaves came to an end at the weekend.
He was not in the matchday squad after going off injured in the defeat to Celta Vigo.
The Manchester United youngster had suffered a thigh muscle injury, with the Alaves website stating last week he was undergoing treatment.
Now Pellistri is back in training with his teammates and will be in contention to feature at the weekend.
Pellistri wrote: “Again working with the team. We are already preparing a new final. Go!”
Last weekend the youngster sat out Alaves’ 0-0 draw with Athletic Bilbao.
The team’s next match is at home to 16th place Huesca, a must win if Alaves are to stand any chance of avoiding relegation.
Alaves have not won since Pellistri joined, and sit in 19th place. Despite their poor run of form, they are just three points away from safety.
There is plenty left to play for, and Pellistri will play a part.
Alaves are not the ideal team for Pellistri to be playing for due to their lowly league position, but the United youngster is at least getting a chance to gain experience playing competitive games with real stakes.
He could end up becoming a hero over the next month. So far he has six appearances in total since joining on loan in January.
- Arnau Puigmal announces Manchester United departure
- Could Jadon Sancho end up as Paul Pogba’s replacement?
- Tom Heaton to United would bring his free agent exit full circle after angering Fergie
- Three reasons Manchester United should play Hannibal against Fulham
- Every trophy won by Manchester United
- Manchester United fans are the best, says Solskjaer, as he hopes for lift from crowd return
- Solskjaer says Martial and James not ready to start v Fulham
- Villarreal striker Moreno scores 29th goal of the season ahead of United clash
- Manchester United target Sven Botman produces man of the match performance for Lille
- Dan James returns to Manchester United training