Jadon Sancho could not carry on his scoring streak against Arsenal on Thursday night – but he had a big influence on Manchester United’s win.
Sancho played the pass into the penalty area for Fred to assist Bruno Fernandes’ first half equaliser.
In the second half Sancho slipped a pass in for Fred, who was fouled and won the game-winning penalty.
So while these won’t go down as assists for Sancho, he quite clearly had a decisive impact on United’s 3-2 victory.
Sancho played much of this game on the left wing, rather than the right, which seemed like a peculiar decision after his recent success on the other flank, where he scored against Villarreal and Chelsea.
The winger is proving himself a very valuable part of United’s team and he will continue to be so under new incoming boss Ralf Rangnick.
Rangnick has previously praised Sancho as ‘phenomenal’ and admitted he once tried to sign him for RB Leipzig.
Sancho will likely flourish under Rangnick’s direction and over the past fortnight he has shown a tantalising glimpse of what he is capable of.
MORE UNITED STORIES
The winger’s work rate is excellent off the ball. In the win over Arsenal he won three tackles.
Sancho also created a further two goalscoring chances as he probed Arsenal’s defence and helped United eventually break them down and get the three points.
United fans were impressed with Sancho’s performance and talked highly of the former Dortmund winger. Here is a look at some of the reaction…
- Ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s Manchester United display
- Erik ten Hag raves about new Man Utd signing after 1-0 win over Burnley, he went above and beyond
- Manchester United star produces a touch of absolute class and Rio Ferdinand was impressed
- Manchester United fans name man of the match v Burnley
- Manchester United fans are all saying the same thing as Hannibal shines v Burnley
- Rio Ferdinand names Man Utd star who impressed him, he responded ‘perfectly’
- Jonny Evans gives his instant reaction to first United start since his return to the club
- Gary Lineker’s instant reaction to Bruno Fernandes’ goal for Manchester United
- Five things learned as Manchester United beat Burnley 1-0
- Unhappy Man United fans all saying same thing over ‘done and dusted’ star after Burnley win
- Confirmed: Erik ten Hag names Manchester United XI vs Burnley