Manchester United fans react to Jadon Sancho's performance
Jadon Sancho could not carry on his scoring streak against Arsenal on Thursday night – but he had a big influence on Manchester United’s win.
Sancho played the pass into the penalty area for Fred to assist Bruno Fernandes’ first half equaliser.
In the second half Sancho slipped a pass in for Fred, who was fouled and won the game-winning penalty.
So while these won’t go down as assists for Sancho, he quite clearly had a decisive impact on United’s 3-2 victory.
Sancho played much of this game on the left wing, rather than the right, which seemed like a peculiar decision after his recent success on the other flank, where he scored against Villarreal and Chelsea.
The winger is proving himself a very valuable part of United’s team and he will continue to be so under new incoming boss Ralf Rangnick.
Rangnick has previously praised Sancho as ‘phenomenal’ and admitted he once tried to sign him for RB Leipzig.
Sancho will likely flourish under Rangnick’s direction and over the past fortnight he has shown a tantalising glimpse of what he is capable of.
The winger’s work rate is excellent off the ball. In the win over Arsenal he won three tackles.
Sancho also created a further two goalscoring chances as he probed Arsenal’s defence and helped United eventually break them down and get the three points.
United fans were impressed with Sancho’s performance and talked highly of the former Dortmund winger. Here is a look at some of the reaction…
- Manchester United wonderkid set to become 7th Reds youngster to join Championship side on loan in PL era
- Guillem Balague says Cristiano Ronaldo departure from Manchester United being worked on
- Manchester United prepared to wait until deadline day to sell 28-year-old on permanent deal
- Mick Beale explains why QPR fans should be “really excited” about Manchester United loanee Ethan Laird
- 26-year-old Manchester United ace gives Erik ten Hag timely boost
- Erik ten Hag could be about to have his own Danny Welbeck moment
- 'I would never'… Pundit warns over 'very dangerous' Manchester United signing strategy
- 'Big moments'… One Manchester United owned player ended weekend with manager signing his praises
- £46m Manchester United star's comments about his start before give optimism for future
- Club CEO has admitted Manchester United strike target with £60m release clause could leave
- £70m star tells Erik ten Hag to call his agents as he opens up over Manchester United links