Manchester United fans react to Fred's performance
Fred’s performances this season have been a breath of fresh air amid some of the dour displays of several of his teammates.
Last year he was in contention to win United’s player of the year award before the lockdown, before losing his place to Paul Pogba.
Now Fred is a starter in his own right and is keeping Pogba out of the team.
Fred deserves his starting spot, and against Everton he was fantastic, in tandem with midfield partner Scott McTominay.
Together they did not give Everton a moment of rest, with their combative performances the driving force for United’s win.
It saw one fan on social media liken his performance to Ji-Sung Park, while another compared him to Remi Moses, and another Claude Makelele.
Fred’s display had real moments of quality on the ball too. One searching ball for Marcus Rashford over the top created a chance which the England international should have buried.
This was one of two key passes Fred made, in an efficient performance from which he completed 90 per cent of his passes in a tough away fixture.
Fred was missing from the midweek loss to Istanbul Basaksehir and it showed.
That perhaps was the trade-off Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made to have Fred fresh and fit to compete at Goodison. The second part of the plan paid off.
Fans were full of admiration for Fred and his performance. Here is a look at some of the reaction to his display…
- 5 alternatives to Frenkie de Jong for Manchester United, one is free, another is the PL's top bargain
- Manchester United target Antony could leave Ajax this summer, admits Daley Blind
- 19-year-old defensive midfielder thrilled to join Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United training
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'
- An XI of players that has played with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi including 3 former Manchester United stars
- Manchester United loanee gets international call despite only 71 minutes action in four months