A famous old Manchester United face was spotted on the sidelines in a Euro 2020 Group C clash last night.
Ruud van Nistelrooy is part of Frank de Boer’s coaching staff for the Netherlands.
Seeing him again was a welcome blast from the past for United supporters who watched an entertaining 3-2 win for the Dutch.
Van Nistelrooy was a fan favourite at United in the early 2000s and he will always be one of the best out and out goalscorers the club has ever had.
The Dutchman is United’s 11th all time top goalscorer with 150 goals, which is very impressive considering he spent just five seasons at Old Trafford.
The prolific striker retired in 2012 after spells with Real Madrid, Hamburg, and Malaga, and has since been doing his coaching badges.
This is his second spell as assistant manager for the Netherlands, previously working under Guus Hiddink in 2014.
The Dutch currently lack a striker anywhere near Van Nistelrooy’s ability, but he is there to help out and give out advice where required.
Netherlands beat Ukraine 3-2, with another 2000s forward Andriy Shevchenko the manager for the beaten team.
Van Nistelrooy is still only 44 and could have a couple of decades left in coaching left, and take a manager role one day.
For now, it was just nice to see him again, and his sighting went down well on social media…
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract
- Harry Maguire pictured enjoying holiday abroad
- Sergio Ramos and Marcelo congratulate Raphael Varane on Manchester United move
- Manchester United friendly at Preston cancelled