Marcus Rashford surpassed David Beckham and Eric Cantona’s goal tallies of 85 and 82 Manchester United goals this past season.
But the United academy graduate has a long way to go to chase down Manchester United’s record goalscorer.
Wayne Rooney holds the title after reaching an astonishing 253 goals in 2017, surpassing a long held record held by Sir Bobby Charlton.
Charlton said at the time: “I would be lying to say that I’m not disappointed to have lost the record. However, I can honestly say that I’m delighted for Wayne. He deserves his place in the history books.”
United’s record goalscorers feature many big names from the past, and several well known players from the modern era, including Cristiano Ronaldo.
Manchester United’s all time leading goalscorers
- Wayne Rooney
- Sir Bobby Charlton
- Denis Law
- Jack Rowley
- Dennis Viollet
- George Best
- Joe Spence
- Ryan Giggs
- Mark Hughes
- Paul Scholes
- Ruud van Nistelrooy
- Stan Pearson
- David Herd
- Tommy Taylor
- Brian McClair
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Andy Cole
Rashford and Mason Greenwood one day have a real chance to join this list, and finish very high up on it.
Sir Bobby Charlton and Wayne Rooney won countless pieces of silverware during their time at the club too. Goals win trophies, and if they keep on scoring, there could be unreal success ahead.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United have doubts over signing Declan Rice
- Uruguay negotiating to try and secure Edinson Cavani release for October international fixtures
- Should Solskjaer start Jesse Lingard against Aston Villa and how would he fit in?