Marcus Rashford surpassed David Beckham and Eric Cantona’s goal tallies of 85 and 82 Manchester United goals last season.
But the United academy graduate has a long way to go to chase down Manchester United’s record goalscorer.
Wayne Rooney holds the title after reaching an astonishing 253 goals in 2017, surpassing a long held record held by Sir Bobby Charlton.
Charlton said at the time: “I would be lying to say that I’m not disappointed to have lost the record. However, I can honestly say that I’m delighted for Wayne. He deserves his place in the history books.”
United’s record goalscorers feature many big names from the past, and several well known players from the modern era, including Cristiano Ronaldo.
Manchester United’s all time leading goalscorers
- Wayne Rooney
- Sir Bobby Charlton
- Denis Law
- Jack Rowley
- Dennis Viollet
- George Best
- Joe Spence
- Ryan Giggs
- Mark Hughes
- Paul Scholes
- Ruud van Nistelrooy
- Stan Pearson
- David Herd
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Tommy Taylor
- Brian McClair
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Andy Cole
- Marcus Rashford
Rashford and Mason Greenwood one day have a real chance to join this list, and finish very high up on it.
Sir Bobby Charlton and Wayne Rooney won countless pieces of silverware during their time at the club too. Goals win trophies, and if they keep on scoring, there could be unreal success ahead.
- Manchester United injuries and suspensions: All six first team players set to miss Leeds game
- Qatari investors planning ‘massive offer’ for Manchester United
- Fred says he enjoys scoring against Leeds and wants to keep doing it
- Bruno Fernandes will be looking to improve upon his formidable record against managerless Leeds United
- Raphael Varane gives his verdict on where Marcus Rashford ranks among the best players he’s played with
- Manchester United loanee Will Fish performances rated by Hibernian captain
- A look at how many times Mason Greenwood has been capped for England
- Erik ten Hag says Manchester United star is now injured and will not face Leeds tomorrow
- Manchester United ‘bid £100 million’ for Declan Rice last summer, claims transfer expert
- Dishon Bernard named in League One Team of the Week after impressive debut
- Former Manchester United goalkeeper Sergio Romero finally steps up for Boca Juniors
- Rio Ferdinand gives verdict when asked if Lisandro Martinez is best centre-back in Premier League