Luke Shaw puts Jose Mourinho on blast
Luke Shaw has had enough of Jose Mourinho.
After Mourinho used his Sun column after the England v Czech Republic game to criticise Shaw’s ‘dramatically bad’ corners, Shaw has come out fighting.
Shaw and Mourinho clashed while at Manchester United, and he has become a better player under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Speaking to The Guardian, Shaw said: “It is time to move on. I am trying to move on but, obviously, he can’t.”
Talk of the England camp
Shaw admitted his England teammates have been discussing Mourinho’s repeated potshots at him. Before the tournament Mourinho said Ben Chilwell would be his first choice left-back.
The United defender explained: “He continuously talks about me, which I find quite strange. Even some of the lads have said: ‘What’s his problem?’ and: ‘Why does he keep talking?’ He just needs to move on.
“Hopefully he can find his peace with that and finally move on and stop worrying about me. Clearly I am in his head a lot and he clearly thinks about me a lot.”
Good for Shaw. The United defender has played well for England in his two matches.
He has created the highest number of chances of any England player at the tournament so far, despite not featuring in the first match.
Shaw is likely to start for England against Germany on Tuesday, and he won’t need Mourinho chiming in if the Three Lions fail to win.
The feud is getting a little embarrassing now, on Mourinho’s part, and the best thing for Shaw to do from this point is to ignore him, whatever is said. He has had his say, and there is no more good that can come from this dragging on further.
- Manchester United have just made Malacia move look even better, as big signings await
- 'Here we go'… Manchester United player agrees £13 million exit, says Fabrizio Romano
- Video: Erik ten Hag has one-to-one chat with 21-year-old Manchester United ace in training
- Ten Hag now has Manchester United front three Solskjaer wanted and never picked
- 'Special' player is a perfect fit for Manchester United, says ex-Red Devils star
- Manchester United players welcome new signing Tyrell Malacia to club
- 'Love his style': Tyrell Malacia hoping to emulate and surpass Manchester United legend who won 6 major trophies
- 'One of our own': Feyenoord post emotional message asking Manchester United to look after their former star
- 'Tremendous': Manchester United's first signing of the Ten Hag era speaks in glowing terms about his new manager
- Cristiano Ronaldo staying one more year would suddenly be a hard sell to Manchester United fans