Luke Shaw out of FA Cup semi-final, says Solskjaer
Luke Shaw will not be fit for Manchester United’s FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed Shaw is out, speaking at his morning press conference.
Shaw sustained an ankle injury in the draw with Southampton on Monday night.
Solskjaer is optimistic Brandon Williams could still be passed fit to play, after he suffered a head injury in the same game.
Solskjaer told the press conference: “Luke [Shaw] will be out. I can’t see him recovering. Brandon [Williams] will hopefully be okay, he’ll try to join in training today with his eye.”
If Williams is out, then it is most likely that Timothy Fosu-Mensah will deputise, after a successful return against Crystal Palace on Thursday.
Fosu-Mensah made four interceptions and created two chances from left-back, in his first appearance for United since 2017.
Shaw had been in good form prior to his injury and was developing a good partnership with Marcus Rashford on United’s left-side.
It is a big personal blow for him to miss the semi-final at Wembley, and he will be hoping United get to the final on August 1.
Chelsea have a couple of injury concerns of their own, with midfielder Ngolo Kante already ruled out of the game.
United will hope Shaw is fit to return for Premier League games against West Ham and Leicester City next week.
- Attacking star Ten Hag managed asks lawyer to find new club amid Manchester United links
- New twist in future of Manchester United star with no goals in nearly 7 months
- £35m star is ideal signing and Manchester United have already made a crucial error
- Report suggests Manchester United could sign midfield star who's 'better than Pogba' for £42 million
- 21-year-old Manchester United ace set for season-long loan to Championship side after initial move collapses
- Marcus Rashford sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat, it's a new approach
- Incoming signing's relationship with star duo could help strengthen Manchester United spine
- Club begin talks to sign replacement for £20m Manchester United strike target
- £7m star now finally has chance for Manchester United breakthrough