Manchester United have five players out on loan so far, and one of them was on the scoresheet this weekend.
After a series of impressive performances in friendly matches, Tahith Chong played his first competitive game for Werder Bremen.
It was a case of easing in for the Dutchman, with Werder playing a cup match against German lower league side FC Carl Zeiss Jena.
Chong came off the bench in the second half with the game goalless, and helped his team secure a 2-0 win.
Chong scored the second goal in the 88th minute, and as Werder noted, it was his first professional strike.
It was an impressive goal, with Chong breaking behind the defence and coolly slotting a one on one past the goalkeeper.
The goal keeps up Chong’s momentum; he has scored several times in pre-season too, ahead of the Bundesliga kick-off next weekend.
Werder’s first match is at 2.30pm on Saturday at home to Hertha Berlin, and Chong will be hoping to start.
Manchester United loan exits 20/21
- Tahith Chong
Werder Bremen (season)
- Aliou Traore
SM Caen (season)
- Matej Kovar
Swindon Town (season)
- Joel Pereira
Huddersfield Town (season)
- Dylan Levitt
Charlton Athletic (season)
- James Garner
- Andreas Pereira
- Max Taylor
Kidderminster (until January)
- Diogo Dalot
AC Milan (season)
- Di’Shon Bernard
Salford City (until January)
- Jake Carney
Brighouse Town (season)
- Max Haygarth
Brentford B (until January)
How about the rest of the loanees?
Dylan Levitt was an unused substitute for Charlton Athletic as the Addicks won 2-0 away at Crewer Alexandra.
He only made his loan move last week, and could have a chance to start in the EFL Cup this Tuesday night when Charlton host West Ham.
Joel Pereira was also an unused substitute for Huddersfield in their 1-0 defeat to Norwich.
Matej Kovar did see first team action, making his League One debut for Swindon Town.
He conceded a goal in the third minute of injury time to miss out on a clean sheet as Swindon beat Rochdale 3-1 at home.
After coming off the bench in Caen’s first two Ligue 2 games, Aliou Traore was not involved as his side won 2-0 at Rodez.
- Marco Verratti says he hopes Paul Pogba does not play for United against PSG
- Solskjaer talks up on-loan James Garner ahead of Watford FA Cup clash
- Thomas Tuchel praises Manchester United’s quality on the counter-attack
- Solskjaer talks up PSG defender Marquinhos ahead of Champions League clash
- Fragile PSG are vulnerable and dangerous: Manchester United must keep focus
- Predicted Manchester United XI v PSG
- United fans stunned to see Matteo Darmian score in the Champions League
- Scott McTominay returns to Manchester United training
- Gasperini praises Amad Diallo after Champions League debut