Lineker reacts to Champions League draw, United fans feel very differently
UPDATE: The Champions League draw was subsequently redrawn. Manchester United will face Atletico Madrid.
The following article is now outdated. For reaction to the Atletico tie, click here.
Manchester United vs Paris Saint German and Cristiano Ronaldo vs Lionel Messi, in the Champions League, it just had to be didn’t it.
The Reds have been drawn against the French giants once again in the last-16, following today’s draw.
There are so many sub plots for this clash: Ralf Rangnick will be able to see first hand whether he believes Mauricio
Pochettino is the man to take United forward, following his spell in interim charge.
Edinson Cavani and Angel di Maria will face their former sides once again. As well as pitting his wits against his great rival Messi, Ronaldo will be up against his former team mates, di Maria, Keylor Navas, Sergio Ramos and Achraf Hakimi.
It’s the third year in a row that United and Paris Saint Germain have crossed paths.
Match of the Day host Gary Lineker was delighted with the draw and he cannot wait for the next instalment of the rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo.
United fans’ reaction differs to Lineker
Rangnick is going to have to find a way of stopping the likes of Messi, Neymar and Kylian Mbappe, Having Raphael Varane fit will be crucial and Paul Pogba will be back available for the German coach.
Here is how some United fans have reacted to the draw…
- 'Exceptional' South American may turn out to be Manchester United's perfect midfield signing
- 'He is a complete player' – Manchester United ready deal to sign star backed by 2006 World Cup winner
- Manchester United deal labelled 'incredible' by journalist for all the wrong reasons
- No price tag: Manchester United told to back off signing striker by club director
- 'Who knows': 29-year-old Manchester United ace hints at making permanent exit next summer