Manchester United attacker Jesse Lingard has had quite a rollercoaster week.
After the nightmare in Switzerland on Tuesday in which he gave the ball away for Young Boys’ winner, Lingard made a positive decisive impact against West Ham.
Picking the ball up just inside the box, Lingard shimmied and then curled the ball right into the top corner.
It was a great moment for Lingard, even if he did not want to overdo the celebrations against the team where he spent the second half of last season on loan.
Lingard is a popular player for United and England, and it was noteworthy to see Three Lions teammate Jude Bellingham congratulate him on his big moment.
Report said Bellingham paying attention to United
A report fromThe Independent claimed last week that Jude Bellingham had been paying attention to United.
The report said Bellingham had been asking former Dortmund teammate Jadon Sancho about life at Old Trafford.
The paper reports: “Bellingham, ever increasing his knowledge, has had regular conversations with Sancho about the set-up and vibe at United.”
It was also claimed: “There is cautious optimism at Old Trafford that the teenager will follow his good friend in lining up under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.”
For now of course, Bellingham remains a Dortmund player, and a very good one. The German club may even try and hold onto him until 2023, with his contract running to 2025 and Erling Haaland expected to leave next summer.
United had a shot to sign Bellingham in 2020 and missed out. But the club’s chances are not over.
He was evidently impressed with Jesse Lingard. And that may be all there is too it. But it’s still just worth noting…
- Conte may be a serial winner domestically but he hasn’t cracked Europe
- Manchester United loanee Dylan Levitt dominates in Dundee United draw
- Marcus Rashford sends message as he looks to fix Manchester United situation
- Three quick fix signings Manchester United could make in January to get back on track
- Manchester United youngster Sonny Aljofree celebrates meeting Cristiano Ronaldo
- Is a diamond formation the solution to Manchester United’s problems?
- Manchester United youngster Malachi Sharpe scores on Scotland under-17 debut
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message as he looks to bounce back with Manchester United
- Five substitutes rule change would benefit Manchester United whoever is in charge
- Manchester City out of Carabao Cup: Did Manchester United miss out or have lucky escape?