Jadon Sancho’s wait for his first Manchester United goal is finally over.
Typically, it came in United’s first match since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked.
Michael Carrick selected Sancho on the right wing, and the decision was an effective one.
Sancho answered the questions over his form with a goal in the 89th minute to seal a 2-0 victory for United, after Cristiano Ronaldo had broken the deadlock.
The goal was a momentous one for Sancho, and his England teammate Declan Rice was quick to congratulate him on Twitter.
Sancho is a gem worth waiting for
Manchester United waited two years to sign Sancho and in the grand scheme of things, a couple of extra months wait for him to hit form wasn’t so bad, was it? Unless you are Solskjaer, of course.
Now with his first goal, Sancho can kick on from here and go onto have a very successful season.
Last season for Dortmund, Sancho scored 16 goals, and only two of these came between the season start in September, and the start of January.
He got better and better as the campaign went on, and United fans will be hopeful he can have another surge in form.
His all round performance was excellent against Villarreal, and Sancho will be looking for the same again when United visit Chelsea this weekend in the Premier League.
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports
- Ralf Rangnick’s comments bring cause for concern for Luke Shaw
- Michael Carrick praises ‘terrific’ Jadon Sancho in press conference
- Manchester United predicted line-up v Chelsea
- German football expert predicts that Sancho will be perfect for Rangnick
- Thomas Tuchel gives his verdict on Ralf Rangnick managing United
- Jurgen Klopp gives his verdict on Manchester United hiring Ralf Rangnick
- Tuchel issues fitness update ahead of Chelsea’s clash against United