You won’t be able to avoid Jose Mourinho’s thoughts on Euro 2020 this summer. He is signed up as a pundit for various newspapers and radio stations.
Mourinho has been on Talksport this morning and showed he cannot let go of his apparent dislike of former United player Luke Shaw.
The pair clashed through their time at Old Trafford and while they eventually worked through it, Shaw has been very critical of Mourinho in the media.
Speaking to Talksport at 9.30 (11/6), Mourinho said he would not select Shaw as England’s left-back for Euro 2020 and prefers Chelsea defender Ben Chilwell.
Mourinho said: “I think he [Shaw] had a good season, clearly an evolution in terms of emotion, professionalism, but I think Chilwell has something more.”
Shaw is expected to be England’s Euro 2020 starter for the tournament.
Even Mourinho’s praise of Shaw’s season was laced with criticism, suggesting that he may have been lacking in some professionalism before.
Shaw was voted United’s player’s player of the season and provided more assists in a campaign than he ever had done.
Speaking earlier this year, Shaw spoke about the tough time he had under Mourinho’s management.
He told the BBC: “I wasn’t able to get my word across. A lot of people were behind me here so I knew I had that backing.
“I just needed to keep quiet. A lot of people were saying a lot of negative stuff about me and I just look back at it as a learning curve.”
The Mail reported in 2018 that Mourinho wanted to sell Shaw and replace him with Danny Rose, a move which looks even more laughable now considering the way their relationship fell apart at Tottenham.
The last time Shaw and Mourinho came face to face, the United star was celebrating a 3-1 win with current boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who he credits for his improvement.
You can probably understand why Mourinho is still a little salty…
- United’s latest bid for Sancho verified but not approved
- McTominay better than Rice says ex United star
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Moving forward?
- Dean Henderson now has perfect chance to reinforce his Manchester United position
- Former Leeds fan favourite spotted wearing Manchester United shirt
- Three reasons Manchester United should avoid Sergio Ramos signing
- Manchester United swapping Pogba for Ronaldo would not solve the main problem
- Manchester United’s Hannibal Mejbri can return from international duty a different player
- Scotland fans go crazy for Scott McTominay after performance against England
- England v Scotland: Two Manchester United stars have scored for Three Lions v Scotland in last 25 years