Jesse Lingard has a chance to play his first Manchester United game since September this evening.
United are back in action in the Carabao Cup, the only competition Lingard has seen action in this campaign.
The 28-year-old sent a message to supporters on his Instagram page saying he is ‘ready’ for an opportunity if it comes his way.
Lingard will be in United’s squad for the game and has a chance to start.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told the club website: “He’s been working really hard and he’ll be involved in the squad definitely on Wednesday.”
A game with all to play for
Lingard’s lack of football this season has been a big disappointment for him and leaves him looking for a fresh start.
SkySports report Lingard’s representatives have been in touch with teams in Spain and England over a loan move.
And so this game tonight can help put Lingard in the shop window for potential suitors, if he is set on leaving to play regular football. He has not started a league game since Bruno Fernandes signed.
This could end up being Lingard’s final United game, even if he will hope to do enough to play a role in the festive league fixtures.
For that reason, Lingard will be determined to leave it all out there at Goodison Park and make an impact. Never underestimate a player with a point to prove. He may even convince Solskjaer he has been mistaken to overlook him for so long.
- Edinson Cavani’s fitness problems are becoming a little concerning
- Charlie McNeill continues to make a name for himself with another winning goal
- Former United talent Largie Ramazani scores goal from his own half
- Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani react to Manchester United win
- Dean Henderson has now kept five clean sheets in a row
- Fernandes sends message to Dalot after first league goal for Milan
- Mike Phelan reacts to United’s derby win
- United loanee Tahith Chong provides assist in Club Brugge win
- Harry Maguire raves about Luke Shaw’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial’s performance